The Addicks Dam in Houston is going to spill over for the first time ever as life-threatening flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey continues to ravage the city, Fox News reported.
The dam was less than half a foot from spilling over at 8 a.m. ET Tuesday. The spill will "dramatically affect" the immediate surrounding subdivisions, according to Harris County Flood Control.
It's unclear what the full effect will be when the dam spills over, but Flood Control said its' "uncharted territory." The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers began controlled water release of the Addicks Reservoir Monday in an attempt to manage flood levels in the immediate area.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Amazon Is on the Verge of a Colossal Breakdown After Whole Foods Deal
- United Technologies Nearing $20 Billion Deal to Buy Rockwell Collins
- Here Are the Benefits Amazon Prime Members Will Get at Whole Foods
- Amazon Will Leave Carnage as It Steamrolls Through Grocery Industry
- United Airlines Will Feel Hurricane Harvey's Impact - How Brutal Will It Be?