The Federal Reserve on Wednesday afternoon decided to leave interest rates unchanged, and its decision's immediate aftermath has been impacting shares of housing stocks as buyers weigh the effects of borrowing costs.
Individual housing stocks were also reacting in the aftermath.
Shares of homebuilders KB Home (KBH) - Get Free Report , D. R. Horton (DHI) - Get Free Report , PulteGroup (PHM) - Get Free Report , were all falling over 1.5% in afternoon trading following the Fed's decision.
Also moving lower were shares of companies engaged in the construction and sale including NVR (NVR) - Get Free Report and Toll Brothers (TOL) - Get Free Report which were both sinking nearly 1.5% as well.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Apple Watch Issues Pull Nasdaq to Session Lows, Dow and S&P 500 in Flux
- Coolest Apple iOS 11 Features That You Might Have Missed
- Tesla Model 3 Waiting List Is Insane Just Like These Other Hot Cars
- How to Travel in Style Exactly Like Billionaire Warren Buffett
- Billionaire Warren Buffett Thinks U.S. Haters Are 'Out of Their Minds'