Alphabet Inc.'s (GOOGL) - Get Report Google brand is making a push into a business segment that has been dominated by Microsoft Inc. (MSFT) - Get Report PCs, announcing the launch of Chromebook Enterprise on Tuesday.
Chromebook Enterprise will allow business IT specialists to manage devices using Google's open source Chrome OS desktop operating system. The program will cost $50 per year per device.
Chromebook sales increased 36% last year compared to an overall 6% drop in the PC market, according to CNBC.
Google shares were up 1.92% to $938.56 in afternoon trading Tuesday.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- This Is Where McDonald's Is Closing a Lot of Restaurants
- Amazon, Netflix, Tesla Crash Into Correction Territory -- Now What?
- Apple iPhone 8's 'Crown Jewel' Has Everything to Do With Your Face
- Goldman Sachs Gets Approval to Trade Stocks in This Kingdom
- Starbucks Could Be Poised for a Rebound