Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. Report roughly 450 partners own just 4.8% of the global financial services company, the lowest level since the company's IPO 18 years ago, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Since the partners' ownership falls below a 5% regulatory threshold, Goldman Sachs isn't mandated to make public disclosures of its partners' stakes or their buying and selling of shares, unless it goes above 5%.
This would keep the public unaware of partners unloading their shares all at once, as was the case last winter, the Journal pointed out.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell