General Motors (GM) - Get Report has put some of the flashier aspects of its 120,000-square-foot addition and renovation of its downtown Detroit headquarters on hold, Crain's Detroit Business reported.
"We have put the exterior updates and previously planned interactive experiences on hold," a GM marketing communications manager said. The company wants to complete construction on the "GM World" addition to the 5.5 million-square-foot Renaissance Center headquarters by the end of the year.
To meet that deadline, GM is scrapping a 70-foot by 80-foot LED wall that was going to encase the Detroit People Mover station and scaling back the "interactive experience and exterior update" to GM World for the time being.
GM stock traded down over 1% Friday afternoon.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Hedge Funder Scaramucci Lands Job in White House; Sean Spicer Quits
- Cramer: A Combined Walmart and Microsoft Could Stick It to Amazon
- Quiz: Which Company Makes Your Favorite Junk Food?
- Sears Just Surrendered to Amazon With Kenmore Deal
- T-Mobile Launches Promotion Discounting Apple's iPhone 7 -- Here's How Much You'll Pay
- The New Mercedes-Benz Pickup Truck Has Nothing on This $70,000 Rocket Ship