UK-based healthcare and pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) - Get Report announced that it appointed former Walmart Inc. (WMT) - Get Report executive Karenann Terrell to its newly formed position of chief technology officer.
The move comes as GSK looks to expand its digital footprint across all platforms, from clinical trials to customer interactions. Terrell left her chief information officer position at Walmart in February and is expected to start at GSK September 4.
"As a member of the executive team, Karenann will have the scope to think radically about how we can exploit the latest opportunities and ultimately improve our business performance," GSK CEO Emma Walmsley said.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind