Hackett, who replaced former CEO Mark Fields in May, is looking to alleviate the perception that the company has been indecisive on important technology initiatives, such as self-driving cars.
So far, so good with this tactic inside the giant executive ranks at Ford.
- Ford's Mustang Is America's Most Popular Classic Car
Ford's CFO Bob Shanks told TheStreet the shot clock has helped bring clarity around decision-making.
Don't Miss These Weekend Reads on TheStreet:
- 10 Sexy Wall Street Terms That Sound Extra Dirty
- Here's How Much More You'd Have to Pay for Apple's iPhone if It Were Made in America
- 10 Ways to Save Big on Car Insurance
- How Birchbox Took on Macy's, J.C. Penney and the $500 Billion Beauty Counter