The NYSE FANG+TM Index will offer exposure to "a select group of highly-traded growth stocks of next generation technology and tech-enabled companies," Intercontinental Exchange said in a statement.
FANG is the acronym coined by TheStreet's own Jim Cramer that refers to stock market darlings Facebook Inc. (FB) - Get Facebook, Inc. Class A Report , Apple Inc. (AAPL) - Get Apple Inc. (AAPL) Report , Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report , Netflix Inc. (NFLX) - Get Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Report and Alphabet Inc.'s (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class A Report Google. The index will also include Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA) - Get Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Sponsored ADR Report , Baidu Inc. (BIDU) - Get Baidu, Inc. Sponsored ADR Class A Report , Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) - Get NVIDIA Corporation Report , Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report and Twitter (TWTR) - Get Twitter, Inc. Report .
"Given their size, performance and innovation, the FANG stocks are among the most widely traded stocks and we're pleased to offer a capital efficient means of accessing and hedging these growth stocks in a cost-effective way," ICE Futures U.S. president Trabue Bland said.
The combination of the index's stocks has returned 28.44% annually since September of 2014. Their performance outpaces the Nasdaq-100's 14.89% gains and the S&P 500 Index's 16.8% gains during the same period.
The index will sell its first quarterly futures contract through ICE Futures U.S. on Nov. 8, subject to regulatory review. The NYSE FANG+TM started tracking constituent values Tuesday, Sept. 26 under the NYSE Global Index Feed ticker NYFANG.
Facebook, Apple, Alphabet and Nvidia are holdings in Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS Charitable Trust Portfolio. Want to be alerted before Cramer buys or sells FB, AAPL, GOOGL or NVDA? Learn more now.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- iPhone 8 and Galaxy Note 8 Are Both Fragile, But One Is Much Easier to Break
- Equifax CEO Richard Smith Is Out Days Before Congressional Hearing
- 3 New Badass Indian Motorcycles That Will Probably Make Polaris Investors Happy
- FBI Arrests Several NCAA Basketball Coaches on Charges of Corruption, Fraud
- This Tesla Model 3 Looks Like It's Falling Apart -- Here's Why That's Not Good
- The Epic Financial Meltdown is Coming Soon, So You Better Be Ready: Jim Rogers
- T-Mobile Stock Could Surge 43% to $90 on Deal With Sprint