Facebook Inc. (FB) - Get Report is stepping up its streaming schedule for the college football season, striking a deal with digital sports network Stadium to broadcast 15 college football games this year.
"Custom-produced for a Facebook audience, Stadium will introduce uniquely coordinated production assets and social elements to create a first-ever viewing experience," Stadium said in a statement describing the deal.
Facebook will begin its college football streaming on September 2 at 6:30 pm EST with a double header featuring Miami of Ohio vs. Marshall and UC Davis vs. San Diego State.
Facebook shares were up 0.43% to $169.44 premarket.
Don't miss these galleries on TheStreet:
- 10 of the Most Worthless And Expensive Olympic Venues of All Time
- 15 Killer Fall Travel Deals
- 10 Absolutely Worthless Pieces of Sports Memorabilia
- Here Are the Next 6 States Likely to Legalize Recreational Use of Marijuana
- The 30 Nastiest Storms in Recent U.S. History Have Caused Mind-Blowing Damage
- 15 Beers That Are Worth a Bundle on the Black Market