In August Facebook (FB) - Get Report launched Facebook Watch, its video streaming platform and the social media giant's new platform for shows, but the company still is undecided about creating original content.
"We're very early, we're still figuring it out," said Facebook's head of global creative strategy Ricky Van Veen, at the MIPCOM conference in France. MIPCOM gathers the world's most influential industry players for four days of meetings, screenings, and conferences.
Presently, Facebook wants to emphasize "the creator or uploader or producer" to "amplify those voices," Van Veen stated.
But, Van Veen said that Simon Fuller, one of the creators of the American Idol series, will create an English-language version of a hit Scandinavian teen drama called "Skam" for Watch. The show is geared towards a 16 year-old audience with a focus on teen issues.
Shares of Facebook were roughly flat in late-morning trading on Wednesday.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Tesla Agrees to Salary Hike, Job Guarantee Until 2022 for German Workers
- 'Anything Can Happen' in This Stock Market -- Vanguard Founder Bogle Says
- Rebooting Wall Street's Trading Technology After the '87 Stock Market Crash
- John McAfee: Bankers like JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon Are Scared of Bitcoin
- Apple, GE Announce Partnership to Develop Industrial IoT Apps
- IBM Reports Some Encouraging News, But It's Not Out of the Woods Yet