Social media and tech firms Facebook (FB) - Get Meta Platforms Inc. Class A Report , Twitter (TWTR) - Get Twitter, Inc. Report , and Alphabet's Google (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class A Report are facing growing pressure from European Union authorities to alter their user terms in order to bring them more in line with EU law.
In June the European Commission and consumer protection authorities in the bloc wrote to all three companies urging them to improve their proposed changes to their user terms by the end of September, Reuters reports.
The regulators can issue fines if the companies don't comply.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- Falling Rats and Norovirus Sends Chipotle's Brand Image Plummeting: New Study
- 3 Things Tesla Doesn't Want to Admit
- It Is Time to Stop Blindly Trusting in the Apple iPhone - It Could Also Be Viciously Hacked