Shares of Delphi Automotive (DLPH) - Get Delphi Technologies Plc Report were rising by 6.45% to $83.51 in pre-market trading on Wednesday morning, after the global technology company that services the auto sector said it will be spinning-off its Powertrain segment.
The new independently operated public company will be known as Powertrain, and once the transaction closes in March of 2018, Delphi shareholders will own stock in both companies.
"Today's announcement represents an exciting opportunity for our businesses by creating two independent companies, each with a distinct product focus, a proven business model, and the flexibility to pursue accelerated investments in advanced technologies that solve our customers' most complex challenges," Delphi CEO Kevin Clark said in the announcement.
Read More Trending Articles:
- No Gilead Sciences M&A Yet, but CEO Offers Hint of Deals to Come
- This Is Why You Would Be Really Insane to Sell Apple
- Perrigo Stock Sliding on DOJ Search
- Apple's Quarterly Disappointment Weighs on Wall Street
- Twitter Stock Jumps After Mark Cuban Buys Shares
- Apple's Earnings Were Pretty Healthy, Except for in One Important Country