Last Thursday a petition was posted online calling for retail giant Macy's (M) - Get Report to remove Ivanka Trump's clothing line from its stores. The petition had 30,000 signatures within 24 hours and had 63,257 signatures on Tuesday morning.
The petition was set up by the women's rights organization UltraViolet in response to a Washington Post article claiming criminally poor labor conditions in the foreign countries where the brand makes its products.
Ivanka Trump stepped down from her company after her father became president in order to serve as a presidential adviser.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- Falling Rats and Norovirus Sends Chipotle's Brand Image Plummeting: New Study
- 3 Things Tesla Doesn't Want to Admit
- It Is Time to Stop Blindly Trusting in the Apple iPhone - It Could Also Be Viciously Hacked