TheStreet.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:
TSCM) is publisher of
, a leading Web-based provider of original, timely, comprehensive and trustworthy financial news, commentary and information aimed at helping readers make informed investment decisions.
TheStreet.com was founded in 1996, with an editorial team of over 80 experienced financial journalists based in New York City, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and London, and commentators throughout Europe and Asia. Under a recently announced strategy, the Company's main site at
www.thestreet.com will become entirely free in the second quarter of 2000, augmented by a network of sites. TheStreet.com, Inc. has established strategic alliances with The New York Times, Israel's Ha'aretz Group, America Online, Yahoo!, E*Trade, DLJ
, Intuit, 3Com, and other leading companies.
, a site majority owned by TheStreet.com, offers financial news and commentary to U.K. investors.
The democratization of Wall Street represents a significant opportunity for a financial news, commentary and information Web site that combines the depth of coverage of traditional media with the immediacy and interactivity of the Web. Our objective is to establish
as the leading and most comprehensive financial news and information destination for investors.
Strategic partners include:
Content distribution partners
- Yahoo! -- Syndicates TheStreet.com content to Yahoo! Finance, indexes TheStreet.com stories to Yahoo! stock and fund quotes, hosts TheStreet.com chats
- America Online -- Syndicates TheStreet.com content to AOL, CompuServe, Netscape Netcenter, AOL.COM, and AOL UK; hosts TheStreet.com chats
- Intuit -- Syndicates TheStreet.com content to AOL.com, Excite, Quicken.com and WebCrawler Web sites
Subscription distribution partners
- E*Trade -- Purchases bulk TheStreet.com subscriptions to offer to some new brokerage customers and to its Power E*Trade customers
- DLJdirect -- Under our agreement with DLJdirect, the firm purchases subscriptions to TheStreet.com at a discounted rate to offer to large brokerage account holders and new customers and indexes TheStreet.com stories to DLJdirect stock quotes.
- ABCNews.com - Publishes co-branded stories on ABCNews.com site
- The New York Times -- Our joint newsroom with The New York Times provides continuous coverage of breaking business and financial news throughout the day. We index our story headlines on The New York Times web site and index business headlines from The New York Times on our web site.