It's unlikely President Trump will be tweeting out CNN's ratings for June anytime soon.
Ratings for the Time Warner (TWX) backed network soared 21% in June among those 18 to 49 years old, according to new Nielson data. The gain was fueled by a 62% ratings increase for "Anderson Cooper 360."
Time Warner may want to thank its lucky stars that CNN has been making news headlines of late for its frequent tangles with Trump. The media giant's other top network TNT saw a 35% ratings plunge due to tough comparisons from the NBA playoffs. TBS only notched a 2% ratings increase.
Shares of Netflix surged more than 16% this week, spurred by a blowout second quarter earnings report.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- History Doesn't Always Repeat, and Keep Tech in Your Portfolio: Market Recon
- The 5 FANG Stocks of the Dotcom Era -- and Where They Are Now
- Bored With Cream and Sugar? You Can Now Add Weed to Your Morning Joe
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- BMW Has One of the 10 Hot New Luxury Cars Priced Over $100,000 That You Could Buy Today
- Quiz: Which Company Makes Your Favorite Junk Food?