The move comes just hours after Charter rejected an offer from SoftBank to combine with telecom company Sprint Corp. (S) - Get Report , of which SoftBank is the majority shareholder, Bloomberg reported.
"We understand why a deal is attractive for SoftBank, but Charter has no interest in acquiring Sprint," Charter said in a statement Sunday, rejecting SoftBank's offer.
Charter shares were up 4.83% to $388.09 per share while Sprint shares were down 1.46% to $8.10 in morning trading.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- This Stock Market Phenomenon Could Trigger Trading Hell on Monday: Market Recon
- McDonald's Has One Restaurant in Poland That Looks Like the Future of the Golden Arches
- Jim Cramer Nails Starbucks' Big Decline, Warns Again of Downside to $50
- Buy Weakness Like a Pro; Despised Tech Names Rally: Jim Cramer's View
- Charter Says No to Sprint - 5 Things You Must Know Before the Market Opens