The lawsuit accused the company of promoting Revlimid and Thalomid for uses not prescribed on the drugs' labels, in turn defrauding federal and state Medicare programs out of billions of dollars as doctors prescribed the drugs for uses that were not specified on its label.
The lawsuit was brought by Beverly Brown, a former sales representative for the company.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind