Shares of U.S. agribusiness company Bunge (BG) - Get Report spiked more than 15% Tuesday afternoon after the company received a takeover bid from Swiss miner Glencore (GLNCY) , sources told the Wall Street Journal.
The sources did not know whether any discussions concerning the offer have taken place, but any potential sale would be substantial given Bunge's $10 billion market cap and $15 billion enterprise value.
Bunge is one of the four global agribusiness companies that dominate the market, generating nearly $43 billion in revenue last year.
Retail's downturn giving you the blues? Jim Cramer has a list of retailers that are currently oversold, giving investors a leg up one of the market's most volatile sectors.
Read More Trending Articles:
- Jim Cramer on Trump's Budget, Take Two Interactive, AutoZone, Toll Brothers, Xilinx, Lowe's and Tiffany
- Amazon and Walmart Have Joined Forces to Destroy One of Dying Sears' Most Important Businesses
- Here's Why Tesla's Elon Musk Just Called Himself an 'Idiot' on Twitter
- Apple May Have Structured Its Nokia Settlement With Its Qualcomm Lawsuit In Mind
- Get Your Head Into the Cloud: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Monday 5/22/17)