Warren Buffett admitted that he was late to the ascent of Amazon.com (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report and Alphabet (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class A Report but says that the stocks are now too expensive for Bershire Hathaway (BRK.A) - Get Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class A Report (BRK.B) - Get Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class B Report to own.
"If I was forced to buy [Google-parent Alphabet] or short it, I'd buy it; same way with Amazon. But it's as little hard when you look at something at 'X' and it sells at 10X to buy it," Buffett told CNBC Monday.
Buffett also admitted he was wrong on IBM (IBM) - Get International Business Machines Corporation Report , a stock which Berkshire cut its investment in by a third recently.
Jim Cramer and the AAP team are discussing fallout from first-quarter earnings from Apple (AAPL) - Get Apple Inc. Report and Facebook (FB) - Get Meta Platforms Inc. Class A Report and how to play the big tech names. Get his insights or analysis with a free trial subscription to Action Alerts Plus.
Read More of TheStreet's Top Stories:
- Buffett: Apple Worth Buying Because 'People Want the Product' No Matter the Price
- Coach Will Spend $2.4 Billion to Buy Rival Kate Spade - Here's Why
- Investing Dangerously and Following Elon Musk: Jim Cramer's View
- Warren Buffett Didn't Only Miss Google and Amazon's Dominance, He Also Missed a Tech Titan's Rebirth
- You Must Start Investing Now Because the Dow May Hit 100,000 By 2030