Canadian tech company BlackBerry (BBRY) announced that it has reached an agreement with Qualcomm (QCOM) - Get Report for a final arbitration payment of $940 million including lawyer fees and interest.
Qualcomm had originally been ordered to pay $815 million by an arbitrator that ruled that BlackBerry had been overpaying its royalty fees to the company.
Despite the arbitration, BlackBerry CEO John Chen has previously said that the two companies continue to be valuable technology partners.
BlackBerry shares were up nearly 3% premarket on the news.
Comcast (CMCSA) - Get Report and Alphabet (GOOGL) - Get Report are just some of the tech names in Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS portfolio. Get his insights on the biggest names in tech here.
Read More Trending Articles:
- When Investors Get It Wrong: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Thursday 5/25/17)
- 5 Things You Must Know Before the Market Opens Friday
- Bullish Puma Investor Talks Neratinb FDA Panel Win, Next Steps and Takeout Potential
- Amazon's Bookstores and Fire Sticks Are Great, but Here's What's Really Driving It Toward $1000
- Here's How Fast Tesla's Model 3 May Be -- Doesn't It Seem Kind of Slow?