The Dow Jones dropped over 8% this week and fell below 20,000 for the first time since February 2017. Congress introduced a coronavirus stimulus package to combat a potential global recession but Friday's close saw the Dow Jones end the day down over 900 points. New York shut down its non-essential workforces and companies are furloughing employees.
Here are the worst stocks in the Dow Jones this week at the close Friday.
1. Boeing BA | -44.18% | Closing Price $95.01
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boeing as a Hold with a rating score of C.
2. Chevron CVX | -28.81% | Closing Price $59.39
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Chevron as a Hold with a rating score of C.
3. Home Depot HD | -26.01% | Closing Price $152.15
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Home Depot as a Buy with a rating score of B-.
4. American Express AXP | -25.58% | Closing Price $74.12
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Express as a Buy with a rating score of B.
5. UnitedHealth UNH | -24.06% | Closing Price $206.59
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates UnitedHealth as a Buy with a rating score of A-.
6. Goldman Sachs GS | -21.88% | Closing Price $138.41
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goldman Sachs as a Hold with a rating score of C.
7. United Tech UTX | -21.70% | Closing Price $82.53
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United Tech as a Hold with a rating score of C+.
8. Coca-Cola KO | -20.98% | Closing Price $38.30
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Coca-Cola as a Buy with a rating score of B.
9. JP Morgan Chase JPM | -19.64% | Closing Price $83.50
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JP Morgan Chase as a Buy with a rating score of B.
10. Apple AAPL | -17.53% | Closing Price $229.24
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apple as a Buy with a rating score of A-.
NOTE: Recently, Quantitative Analysis by TheStreet Quant Ratings objectively rated these stocks according to its risk-adjusted total return prospect over a 12-month investment horizon. Not based on the news on any given day, the rating may differ from Jim Cramer's view or that of this articles' author.
Apple, Goldman Sachs, and JP Morgan Chase are key holdings in Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust. Want to be alerted before Jim Cramer buys or sells any stock? Learn more from Cramer and his membership team now.