Stocks closed at record highs Friday after a considerable slowdown in a U.S. labor market recovery boosted the chances of more economic stimulus from Congress. The U.S. economy added 245,000 jobs in Nov., just a tad more than half economists' estimates of 450,000.
The Dow ended the week up over 300 points, or 1.03%, to 30,218.26.
Here are the best stocks in the Dow for this past week by their performance in percentage change at the close of trading on Dec. 4.
1. Walgreens WBA | Increased 11.31%
Last month, Amazon (AMZN) - Get Report entered the pharmacy space which could complicate things for Walgreens (WBA) - Get Report and CVS Health (CVS) - Get Report. TheStreet looked at the charts and how to trade Walgreens stock after Amazon's announcement.
2. Intel INTC | Increased 9.56%
3. Boeing BA | Increased 7.49%
4. Apple AAPL | Increased 4.85%
5. Walt Disney DIS | Increased 4.76%
6. Johnson & Johnson JNJ | Increased 4.35%
7. Caterpillar CAT | Increased 4.07%
Caterpillar (CAT) - Get Report is up over 11 percentage points in the last month. Cramer talked about the construction equipment company after its earnings at the end of Oct. and said they gave investors no comfort in the industrial recovery.
8. Cisco Systems CSCO | Increased 3.93%
9. American Express AXP | Increased 3.69%
10. UnitedHealth Group UNH | Increased 3.54%
Apple, Boeing and Disney are key holdings in Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust. Want to be alerted before Jim Cramer buys or sells any stock? Learn more from Cramer and his membership team now.
All stock prices and activity referenced are pulled from Barchart.com