Groupon Inc. (GRPN) - Get Report has been one of the most volatile stocks in Barclays analyst Deepak Mathivanan's coverage, rising 30% over the past three weeks after falling 25% following its weak earnings release.
"We think shares are likely to underperform until Groupon can demonstrate evidence of sustainable improvement in core unit economics and purchase frequency," Mathivanan wrote in a note Wednesday.
The firm maintained its "underweight" rating and $3.40 price target on the company. The price target represents a 14% downside from the stock's previous closing price of $3.94.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Sears Continues on Path to Close All Its Stores -- Here Are 50 Reasons the Company Is Dying
- Alpha Rising: Carly Fiorina on Leadership, Micro Financing and Her Only Regret
- Walmart Needs to Buy Costco So That Amazon Doesn't Run It Over: Ex-Amazon Exec
- Millennials Are Making This Huge Mistake When Buying a Home, Say HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- Honda Finally Makes a Cool-Looking Accord Sedan Because Everyone in America Is Buying SUVs
- 10 Terrible Trading Mistakes That Rookie Investors Keep Making