Financial services giant Bank of America (BAC) - Get Report has chosen Dublin as the main base for its EU investments and markets operations once the U.K. exits the European Union, company CEO Brian Moynihan told the Financial Times.
Bank of America is the only major bank to publicly name Dublin as its new EU headquarters.
"We've been in the country for 49 years, heading to 50 years," the CEO told FT. "It was that natural choice for us to locate here."
Moynihan said Ireland's 12.5% corporate tax rate wasn't a factor in choosing Dublin as its new EU base.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle CEO Should Be Canned for Not Apologizing to Sickened Customers in Virginia, Analyst Says
- O.J. Simpson's 4 Biggest Business Achievements
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Former Apple Exec: 'It's Sad to See Apple Slipping to the Position of Follower'
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry