Tech giant Apple (AAPL) - Get Report is said to be working to bring artificial intelligence software to chips, as sources tell the Chicago Tribune that the company is working on a processor that is devoted specifically to AI-related tasks.
The chip is known within the company as the Apple Neural Engine and would improve how the company's devices handle tasks that would require human intelligence, such as facial and speech recognition.
"Two of the areas that Apple is betting its future on require AI," former Apple analyst and co-founder of venture capital firm Loup Ventures Gene Munster told the Tribune. "At the core of augmented reality and self-driving cars is artificial intelligence."
Retail's downturn giving you the blues? Jim Cramer has a list of retailers that are currently oversold, giving investors a leg up one of the market's most volatile sectors.
Read More Trending Articles:
- U.S. Grocer Kroger Has Gone Berzerk Because It's About to Be Invaded by a Ruthless German Rival
- Best Buy Hates That It Is Too Complicated to Buy an $800 Apple iPhone in Its Stores
- Take Your First Ever Look at Apple's New Self-Driving Car, Which Was Just Spotted on a Highway
- Sears Mind-Blowing Loss and Evaporating Cash Should Only Question If It Could Survive
- 5 Things You Must Know Before the Market Opens Tuesday