The firm estimates that 38.9 million people in the U.S. will use a Roku device at least once a month this year, a 19.3% rise from 2016. Roku's closest competitor is Chromecast, which is estimated to have 36.9 million users this year.
- Apple Moving Closer to Selling an American Made $1,000 iPhone, Trump Hints
"Apple TV has been held back by the absence of a compelling content offering, a lack of support for increasingly popular Amazon video content and a much higher price bracket than its competitors," eMarketer principal video analyst Paul Verna said in the report.
Overall 168.1 million people in the U.S. will use an Internet connected TV this year, a 10.1% increase over 2016.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Sorry Zuckerberg, Elon Musk Still Thinks Artificial Intelligence Is a Huge Problem
- Gold Will Make a Comeback; Dollar Rally is Over - Peter Schiff
- Just How 'Unlimited' is Your Unlimited Data Plan?
- How Birchbox Took on Macy's, J.C. Penney and the $500 Billion Beauty Counter