"The Cupertino-based tech titan is working with Contemporary Amperex Technology Ltd., a battery manufacturer in China's Fujian province, on a scheme based on a confidentiality agreement. The parties are working together in the field of batteries," according to the report.
Last year, Apple began working on an autonomous driving platform which CEO Tim Cook referred to as "a core technology" for the company. But, has since slowed its efforts on working on the vehicles.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle CEO Should Be Canned for Not Apologizing to Sickened Customers in Virginia, Analyst Says
- O.J. Simpson's 4 Biggest Business Achievements
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Former Apple Exec: 'It's Sad to See Apple Slipping to the Position of Follower'
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry