Amazon.com (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report , Apple (AAPL) - Get Apple Inc. Report , and Alphabet's Google (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class A Report unit have reportedly spent record amounts over the last three months lobbying Washington and President Trump.
Federal records show the three companies dished out a combined $10 million in order to shape federal policy on issues including privacy and immigration reform, Recode reports.
Apple is said to have spent $2.2 million between April 1 and June 30, about double what it spent during the same three month period last year. Amazon spent $3.2 million, and Google spent almost $5.4 million.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle CEO Should Be Canned for Not Apologizing to Sickened Customers in Virginia, Analyst Says
- O.J. Simpson's 4 Biggest Business Achievements
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Former Apple Exec: 'It's Sad to See Apple Slipping to the Position of Follower'
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry