KeyBanc analysts said a "tentative consumer" and a competitive web services landscape aren't threats to Amazon.com (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report , which is poised to report solid results in its Thursday earnings.
KeyBanc said conversations with partners suggest Amazon Web Services growth could "reaccelerate" in the second quarter following a sluggish first quarter. Revenue could jump over 10% sequentially to $4 billion. Although competition with Microsoft Corp (MSFT) - Get Microsoft Corporation Report and Alphabet's (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class A Report Google has increased, it does not appear to derail Amazon's cloud growth prospects.
Amazon's recent moves in retail, including its proposed acquisition of Whole Foods Market (WFM) , Prime Wardrobe release and deal with Sears (SHLD) to sell Kenmore appliances, position it well for long-term growth. Even in a "difficult retail environment," Amazon's retail business will grow 15% year over year, KeyBanc wrote.
KeyBanc rates Amazon "sector weight." Amazon stock traded up 0.7% on Monday morning.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Walmart in Focus Amid 'Horrific' Human Trafficking Incident in Texas That Causes Nine Deaths
- Scaramucci Has Been Waiting For A White House Gig For A While
- Chipotle Is Doomed Unless It Takes This One Dramatic Measure
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Billionaire Mark Cuban: The Rise of Technology Will Cause a Lot of Unemployment
- Game of Numbers: Do You Have Any Idea How Big Game of Thrones Has Become?