Her new official title with the e-commerce giant is currently unknown.
The report said that Amazon is "investing heavily" in health across multiple areas, and another source told CNBC that Krasner has been talking to Amazon Web Services, its cloud unit, for "several years" regarding a possible move.
AWS has been reinforcing its HIPAA-compliant offerings so that health-care providers and insurers can save and transfer customer data.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle CEO Should Be Canned for Not Apologizing to Sickened Customers in Virginia, Analyst Says
- O.J. Simpson's 4 Biggest Business Achievements
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Former Apple Exec: 'It's Sad to See Apple Slipping to the Position of Follower'
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry