The service offers business only pricing on millions of products and access to more than 85,000 business sellers.
"We are striving to set a new standard for B2B e-commerce with Amazon Business, and it's still day one for us," Amazon Business VP Prentis Wilson said.
Amazon stock was slightly higher in late afternoon trading.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- Falling Rats and Norovirus Sends Chipotle's Brand Image Plummeting: New Study
- 3 Things Tesla Doesn't Want to Admit
- It Is Time to Stop Blindly Trusting in the Apple iPhone - It Could Also Be Viciously Hacked