Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report announced that it is conducting a search to find a second headquarters location in North America that is fully equal to its current one in Seattle.
The company expects to invest over $5 billion in construction with the new HQ housing over 50,000 high paying jobs. The company says that its investments have resulted in $38 billion added to Seattle's economy between 2010 and 2016.
Interested municipalities can send their proposals to Amazon here.
"It's important to us to invest in the communities where we operate in ways that benefit our neighbors and our employees. In Seattle, Amazon has donated to hundreds of charitable organizations across the city that support people of all backgrounds and income levels," the company said.
Amazon shares were up 0.28% to $970.49 in premarket trading Thursday.
Stick with TheStreet for updated Irma coverage:
- Hurricane Irma Has Sent Airline Ticket Prices Skyrocketing
- Miami Orders Mandatory Evacuation as Hurricane Irma Bears Down on Florida
- Hurricane Irma: How Floridians Are Using Tech, Apps to Prepare for the Big Storm
- Hurricane Irma and The Waffle House Index: Why It Has Amazing Predictive Powers
- Bahamas Hyatt Hotel to Guests: If Hurricane Irma Hits, Get Out
- 5 Twitter Accounts To Follow During Hurricane Irma