Sebastian was in the position since 2014 and oversaw the expansion of Google Canada's engineering hub in Ontario and helped to build Google's artificial intelligence technology expertise in the country.
Google is currently looking to replace Sebastian, but for now the interim replacement will be Sabrina Geremia, who has been working for the company for a decade.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Google Says It May Face More EU Fines in the Future
- Apple Eats Pigs, Advanced Micro Devices Is Explosive -- 3 Hot Stories
- Starbucks Has an Alarming Problem That Even Its Fans Must Admit Has to Be Fixed -- and Soon!
- Amazon Tumbling Almost 40% Is Not as Crazy as It Sounds
- Micron Technology: What Today's Sloppy Drop in MU Means for Nervous Investors
- Why Seagate's Big Earnings Miss Isn't Terrible News for Western Digital