Adobe Systems Inc. (ADBE) - Get Report announced that it will stop updating and distributing its widely-used Flash Player software program at the end of 2020 while encouraging developers to migrate any existing Flash content to its other services.
Adobe said that it has enlisted the help of tech giants including Apple Inc. (AAPL) - Get Report , Facebook Inc. (FB) - Get Report , Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL) - Get Report , Microsoft Inc. (MSFT) - Get Report and Mozilla to help transition away from Flash.
"Several industries and businesses have been built around Flash technology - including gaming, education and video - and we remain committed to supporting Flash through 2020, as customers and partners put their migration plans into place," the company said in a statement Tuesday.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind