Updated from 1:35 p.m. EDT
What do Paris Hilton, John Edwards, Eva Mendes and
all have in common?
They all appear in Stockpickr Pulse, our roundup of the highest trends, advancing searches and top buzz on the best search engines.
Among other things in the Pulse today:
- Paris Hilton responds to John McCain.
- What's up with John Edwards?
- Why is everyone searching for "Brett Favre"?
- What's cool about Cuil?
- Why is Mary-Kate Olsen going in front of a grand jury?
- How is Morgan Freeman doing post-surgery?
A note from James Altucher:Every weekend I send an email to Jim Cramer and several hedge fund managers about the most interesting portfolios posted on Stockpickr that week. Usually those portfolios not only list stocks according to atheme but also offer significant analysis as to why the stocks are cheap.Here are some examples: Here's the challenge: Build a portfolio at Stockpickr.com with greatanalysis, and send me the link. Each great portfolio (with analysis)will get posted on TheStreet.com with your byline (as a "StockpickrGuest Columnist") and will be included in my email I send to Jim and the otherhedge fund managers on my list.
- Stocksrelated to drilling the Marcellus Shale
- MLPSwith yields above 7%
- Microcapstrading for less than tangible book
- Stocksthat do well after Hurricanes
Get your daily dose of Jim Cramer and all the stocks in his head. Sign up for the free Daily Booyah! newsletter by clicking here
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.