Stocks are mixed Friday as stocks in the Dow are slightly down Friday and stocks in the Nasdaq are slightly up.
Jim Cramer has a message for investors worried about the proposed tax plan from Joe Biden that would increase the capital gains tax on the wealthy: "Don't fear the taxman, view this one as an opportunity, not a penalty."
Cramer shared his thoughts on the proposal from President Biden in his Real Money column from Thursday.
Here is a recap of TheStreet's coverage for Friday, Apr. 23:
5 Things You Must Know Friday
- Nasdaq Futures Rise After Biden Tax Proposal Sinks Markets
- American Express and Honeywell (HON) - Get Report Earnings
- Intel Falls as Data-Center Sales Slump 20%
- Snap's Earnings Beat Expectations and Daily Users Surge
- Bitcoin Falls Below $50,000 on Tax Worries
Premarket Movers Friday
- Skechers USA (SKX) - Get Report | Increasing +11.23%
- Pinterest (PINS) - Get Report | Increasing +3.38%
- American Express (AXP) - Get Report | Decreasing -4.04%
- Intel Corp. (INTC) - Get Report | Decreasing -4%
- Mattel (MAT) - Get Report | Increasing +6.75%
For one of his "Executive Decision" segments on Mad Money, Cramer spoke with Ynon Kreiz, chairman and CEO of toymaker Mattel, which just posted a stellar quarter that included sales up 47%.
Here is a recap of the latest stock market action including the top stock gainers, buy-the-dip candidates, volume leaders and advice from Jim Cramer from Thursday, Apr. 22.
Top Stock Gainers on Thursday
- Teradata (TDC) - Get Report | +26.63% Increase
- Qualtrics (XM) - Get Report | +22.71% Increase
- Equifax (EFX) - Get Report | +14.94% Increase
- Nikola (NKLA) - Get Report | +14.38% Increase
- UiPath (PATH) - Get Report | +9.42% Increase
Teradata leaped on Thursday after the data analytics company said it expected first-quarter profit to exceed its guidance.
Nikola shares jumped after it agreed to install two hydrogen filling stations at the California locations of TravelCenters of America.
- Riot Blockchain (RIOT) - Get Report | -11.67% Decrease
- Marathon Digital (MARA) - Get Report | -11.08% Decrease
- GSX Techedu (GSX) - Get Report | -9.27% Decrease
- Fisker (FSR) - Get Report | -9.04% Decrease
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) - Get Report | -8.03% Decrease
Fisker and Lordstown Motors slide after Goldman Sachs warns of an "increasingly competitive" electric vehicle market.
Thursday Volume Leaders
- Skillz (SKLZ) - Get Report | 121,355,200 Shares Traded
- NIO Inc. (NIO) - Get Report | 115,802,700 Shares Traded
- AT&T (T) - Get Report | 108,523,100 Shares Traded
- Apple (AAPL) - Get Report | 84,566,398 Shares Traded
- Nikola (NKLA) - Get Report | 82,880,898 Shares Traded
Best of Jim Cramer for Thursday
Morning Bell: Cramer discussed Lam Research's integral role in making semiconductors, never betting against FAANG stocks and Earth Day.
Stock Market Today: Cramer shared with investors how to trade Southwest and Chipotle after earnings and why the market is sending false signals Thursday.
Mad Money Recap: Cramer explained why investors shouldn't worry too much about the capital gains tax proposals everyone's talking about.
Jim Cramer Live: Cramer and Katherine Ross talked about Chipotle (CMG) - Get Report earnings, Southwest Airlines (LUV) - Get Report and other airline earnings, and yet another chip shortage impact for Ford (F) - Get Report.