Stocks are falling again Tuesday as a standout first-quarter earnings season was being clouded by the rise in new COVID infections as new variants hit Asia and South America.
Here is a recap of TheStreet's premarket coverage:
- Stock Futures Fall as Wall Street Weighs Earnings
- IBM's Revenue Rise Gets Boost From Cloud Business
- Tuesday's Earnings Calendar: Netflix and Johnson & Johnson
- Dogecoin's Surge Stalls on April 20 or 'Doge Day'
- Elon Musk Claims Autopilot Wasn't Enabled in Fatal Tesla Crash
Premarket Movers Tuesday
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) - Get Kansas City Southern Report | Increasing +18.21%
- Virgin Galactic Holdings (SPCE) - Get Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc. Report | Decreasing -8.24%
- IBM (IBM) - Get International Business Machines Corporation Report | Increasing +2.84%
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT) - Get Abbott Laboratories Report | Decreasing -3.96%
- United Airlines (UAL) - Get United Airlines Holdings Inc. Report | Decreasing -3.09%
Here is a recap of the latest stock market action including the top stock gainers, buy-the-dip candidates, volume leaders and advice from Jim Cramer from Monday, Apr. 19.
- Knoll (KNL) - Get Knoll, Inc. Report | +35.23% Increase
- Futu Holdings (FUTU) - Get Futu Holdings Limited Report | +16.28% Increase
- Harley-Davidson (HOG) - Get Harley-Davidson Inc. Report | +9.68% Increase
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) - Get Clean Energy Fuels Corp. Report | +6.28% Increase
- GameStop (GME) - Get GameStop Corporation Report | +6.26% Increase
Cramer talked about the Reddit investors sticking with GameStop after the news of CEO George Sherman's plans to step down on July 31 and "Roaring Kitty" showed that he exercised 500 GameStop call options expiring on Friday at a strike price of $12, which gives him 50,000 more shares.
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) - Get MicroStrategy Incorporated Report | -8.09% Decrease Monday
- Peloton Interactive (PTON) - Get Peloton Interactive Inc. Report | -7.28% Decrease Monday
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) - Get Penn National Gaming Inc. Report | -6.94% Decrease Monday
- Chewy (CHWY) - Get Chewy Inc. Class A Report | -6.94% Decrease Monday
- Moderna (MRNA) - Get Moderna Inc. Report | -5.21% Decrease Monday
Cramer urged against buying shares of Peloton as it was down big in trading Monday after the Consumer Product Safety Commission released a video of two children getting swept under Peloton's treadmill product "Tread Plus". Regulators urged consumers who have children or small pets to stop using the product.
Cramer discussed Penn National Gaming during Monday's Mad Money Lightning Round and said "I think they're doing very well. I'm sticking by the stock."
Monday Volume Leaders
- Apple (AAPL) - Get Apple Inc. Report | 94,264,195 Shares Traded
- NIO Inc. (NIO) - Get NIO Inc. American depositary shares each representing one Class A Report | 92,190,700 Shares Traded
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) - Get Clean Energy Fuels Corp. Report | 69,667,000 Shares Traded
- Palantir Technologies (PLTR) - Get Palantir Technologies Inc. Class A Report | 45,753,800 Shares Traded
- General Electric (GE) - Get General Electric Company Report | 44,875,700 Shares Traded
Apple Maven is preparing for the Apple product launch event Tuesday and reviewed recent history to see how the stock performed after past Apple Events.
Best of Jim Cramer on Monday
Mad Money Recap: Cramer highlighted several stocks on Monday's episode of Mad Money including Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc. Report, Honeywell (HON) - Get Honeywell International Inc. Report, and Peloton.
Stock Market Today: Cramer discussed the latest action with Harley-Davidson, Roaring Kitty's latest moves with GameStop shares and what to watch with the latest action with Tesla after it dropped over 3% in trading Monday.
Lightning Round: Cramer is bullish on Penn National and Williams-Sonoma (WSM) - Get Williams-Sonoma Inc. (DE) Report but says MicroVision (MVIS) - Get MicroVision Inc. Report is a battleground stock to avoid.
Jim Cramer Live: Cramer discussed the latest stock market news including the potential breakup of Alphabet (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Report, Coca-Cola (KO) - Get Coca-Cola Company (The) Report earnings, earnings for banking companies and the latest thoughts on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.