Guess who's back. Back again. WallStreetBets. Tell a friend. GameStop, AMC and other favorites of the Reddit forum WallStreetBets were rising late Wednesday.
On Mad Money Wednesday, Jim Cramer said don't chase risky meme plays. Invest for the long term. He shared his $500 Club stock picks for fractional-share buys.
Here are some of the most shorted stocks as of Feb. 25 by their float percentage.
1. PubMatic | Float Shorted 80.32%
2. Root Inc | Float Shorted 54.59%
3. KemPharm | Float Shorted 54.44%
4. Academy Sports | Float Shorted 41.18%
Academy Sports and Outdoors (ASO) is up 17% in 2021 and major inside shareholders have been selling the stock in the past month.
5. Gogo | Float Shorted 40.04%
6. Rocket Companies | Float Shorted 39.73%
7. Esperion Therapeutics | Float Shorted 35.51%
8. GSX Techedu | Float Shorted 34.19%
9. OnTrak | Float Shorted 33.96%
OnTrak announced it's reporting its fourth-quarter earnings on Mar. 9. Shares of OnTrak are down over 16% in the past month.
10. iSun | Float Shorted 33.37%
iSun Energy was acquired by iSun (formerly Peck Holdings) in late January and then iSun replaced Peck's place in the Nasdaq.
11. Tanger Factory Outlet | Float Shorted 32.98%
12. Marcus Corp. | Float Shorted 32.39%
13. HUYA Inc. | Float Shorted 30.72%
14. Zynex | Float Shorted 30.54%
15. NGM Biopharmaceuticals | Short Interest 30.30%
16. GameStop | Float Shorted 30.22%
17. Accelerate Diagnostics | Short Interest 29.95%
All stock short interests and rankings were pulled from Marketwatch and FactSet.
Correction: An earlier version of this story had AMC shorted at 84.30% but there was an error in the screener being used as a reference.