Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
so volatile these days, it's worth checking out
247 Wall St. thinks
includes trades triggering this morning on
in our 3x2 system, and
as one of our
Biohealth Investor comments on the
Dendreon Conference Call
If you want to avoid getting strip-searched at airports,
The social network of choice for
A screen for all stocks that fit
Roger Ehrenberg, formerly of Wall Street, and now the founder of dot-com Monitor110, has some thoughts about
building a "Culture of Money"
in your start-up.
The Stockmasters thinks
is going to get turned around by
the Smart car
Through the fly on the wall, we can check out
United Online (UNTD)
Value Investing World gives a
Cryptologic-al (CRYP) update
If a stock is on the cover of a major magazine, we all know that's bad news. This Stockpickr member is now
. If you check out that portfolio, scroll on the right hand column to see the "hate list," including recent cover model,
The Microcap Speculator gives a nice rundown of whether or not it's time to dive into
I'm doing some research for my next book,
The Forever Portfolio
. I posted a question on Stockpickr Answers,
The responses were:
- demand for energy will continue to increase and will be higher 30 years from now than now.
- demand for clean water will increase, but the supply of clean water will stay roughly the same.
- the number of people with obesity issues will increase.
- the number of people who are susceptible to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's will
- the number of people retired will be higher.
- the number of men with erectile dysfunction issues will be higher.
- the number of food products labeled "organic" will probably be higher.
- significantly more goods will be sold on the Internet than now.
(Click the above link to view and respond to the rest of the answers and make my research for this book easier.)
At the time of publication, Altucher and/or his fund had no positions in stocks mentioned, although positions may change at any time.
James Altucher is president of Stockpickr LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com and part of its network of Web properties, and a managing partner at Formula Capital, an alternative asset management firm that runs several quantitative-based hedge funds as well as a fund of hedge funds. He is also the author of
Trade Like a Hedge Fund
Trade Like Warren Buffett
. Under no circumstances does the information in this column represent a recommendation to buy or sell stocks. Altucher appreciates your feedback;
to send him an email.
TheStreet.com has a revenue-sharing relationship with Trader's Library under which it receives a portion of the revenue from purchases by customers directed there from TheStreet.com.