"People see inflation everywhere," says David Schassler, Portfolio Manager of the Inflation Allocation ETF, RAAX, at VanEck. "They see it everywhere and they're starting to react to it. They're starting to challenge this transitory argument because they see prices rising all around them."
So, what's an investor to do? And what are the biggest winners in an inflationary environment? That was one of the many topics during TheStreet's How to Play the Inflation Trade, a FREE webinar, hosted by Susan McGinnis. Watch an excerpt above.
Bob Lang, Action Alerts PLUS co-portfolio manager outline some of the biggest beneficiaries of an inflationary environment. "The most obvious one is gold, silver, and precious metals".
"There are inflation hedge-type stocks that have good, strong yields. Consumer durables and so forth. Names like Coca-Cola ( (KO) - Get Coca-Cola Company Report) or Procter & Gamble ( (PG) - Get Procter & Gamble Company Report) they're boring and they don't offer very much. But they do offer safety and they offer a yield and protection if you have to be in the equity market. So that's where I would go", says Lang.
List: Biggest Inflationary Winners
- Precious metals (gold, silver, crypto)
- Inflation hedge-type stocks (durable goods, etc.)
- Natural resource equities
- Infrastructure & real estate
- Green Transition (companies like Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report owns SolarCity)
Inflation winners and losers were just some of the topics during TheStreet's How to Play the Inflation Trade, hosted by Susan McGinnis.
WATCH: How to Play the Inflation Trade, a FREE webinar, hosted by Susan McGinnis.
Editor’s note. The webinar was recorded on October 28, 2021.
Video Highlights | How to Play the Inflation Trade
- 00:06:30 Can the Federal Reserve stop inflation?
- 00:10:40 Stocks to benefit in an inflationary environment
- 00:11:20 Inflation-hedging equities with strong yields
- 00:12:30 Key moves to inflation-proof your portfolio
- 00:21:30 What history tells investors about inflation
- 00:23:00 Inflation Allocation ETF, RAAX
- 00:30:20 Companies investing in the green transition
- 00:31:30 Why investors should consider the energy sector