Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne hopes to double the luxury manufacturer's profits by 2021, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday. The five-year plan - Marchionne's last as CEO - includes one secret ingredient Ferrari hopes will sweeten its sales: an SUV.
The company is known for speedsters such as the F12Berlinetta, 488GTB, and 488 Spider, so the move could be a dramatic change for the company. Some other luxury automakers have shown what high-end SUVs can look like, however. Click through to see some of the top-of-the-line SUVs on the market.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- I Am a Millennial Who Just Went to Kmart for the First Time Ever and Couldn't Believe This Place
- Apple's Hometown Is Among 10 of the Most Overvalued U.S. Housing Markets
- Got a Mouth Like Mooch? Why Swearing at Work Could Get You Fired
- Here's How Much Money Warren Buffett Has Made on Apple Stock in 2017 Alone
Watch More with TheStreet:
- 5 Ways Companies Are Using AI to Secretly Change Your Life
- Around the World in 5 Insane Pizza Hut Pizzas
- This Nissan Technology Prevents Kids From Being Left in Hot Parked Cars
- Tesla's Elon Musk Is All Jokes as the Model 3 Accelerates into "Production Hell"