Here are Doug Kass' top thoughts on some of the biggest stories of the week.
Dillard's Report Positive, Nordstrom Not So Much
I have just returned to my office from Thursday afternoon's presentation.
I haven't had a chance to fully parse the Dillard's (DDS) - Get Report report -- but it looked good. The shares were up smartly during the regular trading session -- adding +$6.20. Post market and earnings the shares have climbed another +$2.50, to over $59.00 -- for a total gain of +$8.65 on the day! I have held on to a very large and expanding position in DDS, having purchased stock nearly every day in the last week or two.
- Here Is How Millennials Can Get Rich From Exchange Traded Funds
- Should You Use Reddit for Retirement Advice?
Despite the move off the lows, my short book performed well Thursday -- led by Caterpillar (CAT) - Get Report and Deere (DE) - Get Report in the ag equipment space and rails Union Pacific (UNP) - Get Report and CSX (CSX) - Get Report (new short names). More on these four names early next week.
- Is Hashgraph Technology Just Hype, or Can It Dethrone Blockchain?
- 10 Most Worthless Pieces of Military Memorabilia
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Originally published Nov. 9 at 6:13 p.m. EST
Doug Kass shares his views every day on RealMoneyPro. Click here for a real-time look at his insights and musings. This week he blogged on:
- How he isn't buying that expensive new iPhone
- How he's going back to Macy's
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Doug Kass'--and reader comments--in real time.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Amazon to Sell Its Flagship Products in Whole Foods at Black Friday Prices
- Nvidia's Big Quarter Quiets the 'Most Bearish Bears': What Wall Street's Saying
- Star Wars Just Saved Disney's Shareholders
- For AT&T, Turner's CNN, TBS and TNT Networks Are Not Just Throw-Ins
, which Cramer manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in any of the stocks mentioned