Doug Kass shares his views every day on RealMoneyPro. Click here for a real-time look at his insights and musings.
Here's Deere's February Harvest
Originally published March 13 at 9:39 a.m. EST
- 2WD Tractors (< 40 PTO hp): Industry was +24%; Deere increased more than the industry
- 2WD Tractors (40 < 100 PTO hp): Industry was -1%; Deere increased single digits
- 2WD Tractors (100+ PTO hp): Industry was +13%; Deere increased more than the industry
- 4WD Tractors: Industry was -10%; Deere decreased slightly more than the industry
- Combines: Industry was +15%; Deere increased single digits
- EU 28 AG: Tractors were down low double digits, combines were up single digits
- US & Canada: Selected Turf & Utility Equipment was down low single digits, Construction & Forestry - 1) First-in-the-Dirt was up single digits, 2) Settlements were up low double digits.
Position: None .
Just Wishin' and Hopin' With TWTR?
Originally published March 16 at 10:15 a.m. EST
"Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'
Plannin' and dreamin' each night of his charms
That won't get you into his arms..."
--Dusty Springfield, " Just Wishin' and Hopin'"
I have been closely watching this stock for the last two weeks.
While this is hard to ascertain, to me the stock looks like it is being accumulated by one large buyer.
Of course, even if I am correct, it could just be "a vanilla buyer."
I hope this isn't 1964 (Dusty Springfield), as I could just be wishin' and hopin'!
Position: Long TWTR large .
Trying to Make Heads or Tails of GLD
Originally published March 16 at 10:02 a.m. EST
Note the weakness today in junior miners-- Direxion Daily Junior Gold Miners ETF (JNUG) - Get Report and VanEck Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) - Get Report --and the modest strength in the U.S. dollar, which for now is reversing Wednesday's trends.
My guess (and that's all it is) is that GLD has made a temporary peak above $117 today.
Position: None .
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.