Tuesday and late yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer has recently responded:
- While you were a broker at Goldman Sachs, what was it like to work with people like Rich Perry and Eddie Lampert and Christopher Flowers? Man, what talent!
- I know you heavily advocate using limit orders. I'm currently targeting Corning (GLW) - Get Report with a stop-limit order waiting for the start of an uptrend. My question is: When placing a stop-limit order, what percentage move would be a good stop price and what spread above that would make sense for the limit?
- Why do you get behind certain stocks but you won't buy them for Action Alerts Plus (Cramer's charitable trust)?
For instance, Apple (AAPL) - Get Report and Google (GOOG) - Get Report.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO) - Get Report:
I'm up 40% now, sold a bit over half of my position at just +20% (doh!).
What are we thinking going into earnings on the 26th?
- Golden Star Resources (GSS) - Get Report:
What the heck is going on with it? I can't seem to locate any specific news.
- You said something about a new book coming out soon, do you have a name for it yet?
- MasterCard (MA) - Get Report:
What do you think of it before it reports?
Are you as bullish on MasterCard before it report as you are on Apple (AAPL) - Get Report, Research In Motion (RIMM) , Crocs (CROX) - Get Report, etc.?
- You offered an interesting view on MasterCard before its report. Do you feel the same way with Crocs, seeing as it acted almost the same as MasterCard?
Or are you more confident with Crocs reporting than you are with MasterCard?
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Corning, Goldman Sachs, NYSE Euronext and Transocean for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.