on Monday and late Sunday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers and the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions Jim responded to:
- Goldman Sachs downgraded Halliburton (HAL) - Get Report Monday morning to neutral, from buy. Does it change your opinion on it?
- I know you're one of the biggest critics of Warren Buffet's current portfolio. If you could toss any holding he is in now, what would it be and why? Also what would you replace it with?
- Is the June 20 shareholder meeting the most likely time for PDL BioPharma (PDLI) - Get Report CEO Mark McDade to get booted? Is it likely to happen at all?
- Sears Holdings seems like a good entry here around $175, especially with Goldman raising its price target for the stock on Wednesday. Do you believe it is heading higher with the market next week?
- NYSE Euronext (NYX) may look to acquire Nymex Holdings (NMX) , or some even say InterContinential Exchange (ICE) - Get Report, if they fail in their takeover attempt. What do you think about the Nymex talk? Should we chase it? If NYSE Euronext acquires Nymex, would that cause a momentary stock drop in NYSE Euronext as the acquirer?
- What strategies have worked best for you in regards to writing call options? Also, I have a big position in NYSE Euronext. Would you consider selling?
- Any more thoughts on letting us analyze a company during the time you do, as a way to see how you dig through?
- Since I went to college I've always been interested in business and the stock market. Somehow, I've ended up working on a Ph.D. in engineering, which can require a bit of business knowledge. I guess I'm curious about how you got your big break into the wild world of The Street. How did you get your start with Goldman Sachs and your hedge fund?
- I just read the section in Confessions of a Street Addict about what you called other firms "shooting against" Long-Term Capital Management. Do you think that a similar thing was happening these past two weeks with the 10-year note? That other firms shorted it, waiting for the troubled firm to capitulate, which might've happened earlier this week?
- I just jumped back into Nike (NKE) - Get Report. How do you feel about the Banc of America Securities downgrade, to neutral from buy, on June 8?
- You've mentioned Golden Star Resources (GSS) - Get Report a few times over the last month. I've done some homework on it and am considering starting a position here, but I am worried about how this one trades. It kind of reminds me of NYSE Euronext, where it's down moves are worse than it's up moves. What is it about Golden Star that you like so much? Do you think it still has more downside before recovering substantially? What do you think gold's prospects are?
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.