Stocks fell sharply amid trading Thursday as Wall Street focused on comments about inflation from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell.
Stocks in the Dow were down 335 points, or 1.07%, the Nasdaq was down 258 points or 1.99%, and the S&P 500 was down 49 points, or 1.29%.
Here are the worst stocks by percentage decrease during trading Thursday as of the time of publishing.
1. Vroom | Decreased -28.00%
2. Schrodinger | Decreased -26.78%
3. Novavax | Decreased -13.89%
Novavax (NVAX) - Get Report posted a wider than expected loss on a big jump in revenue Monday, as the biotech's CEO said it's making "significant strides" toward bringing a COVID-19 vaccine to market.
4. Digital Turbine | Decreased -13.07%
5. Marvell Technology | Decreased -12.00%
6. MicroStrategy | Decreased -11.74%
7. FuelCell Energy | Decreased -10.66%
U.S. oil prices surged towards $65 a barrel Thursday as OPEC agreed to extend a pact on production cuts into the spring and the Energy Department reported a record decline in domestic crude stockpiles.
8. Tilray | Decreased -10.44%
9. QuantumScape | Decreased -9.33%
A class-action lawsuit was filed Wednesday on behalf of investors who purchased QuantumScape this past Nov. 27 through Dec. 31 alleging the company of misleading statements.
10. Plug Power | Decreased -8.65%
JP Morgan said Monday that "Plug Power's stock is attractively priced at present, ahead of potential positive catalysts." Unfortunately, oil prices were rising sending Plug Power (PLUG) - Get Report down in trading Thursday.