U.S. crude prices are trading at the highest levels since April 2019, pushing oil majors firmly into the green, following a stronger-than-expected February jobs report and Thursday's agreement on production cuts from OPEC.
Oil prices are closing in on the highs and TheStreet shared how to trade oil as it nears this key level.
Here are some of the best stocks in the past week by their performance in percentage change at the close of trading on Mar. 5. These include stocks over a $10 share price at the time of publishing.
1. GameStop | Increased +35.38%
GameStop (GME) - Get Report was rising this past week as WallStreetBets focused its energy back on the heavily shorted stock. TheStreet's Doug Kass explained why GameStop should have never been shorted so much and that greed got in the way.
2. Diamondback Energy | Increased +23.08%
3. Discovery | Increased +21.16%
4. Occidental Petroleum | Increased +17.36%
Early this past week, Jim Cramer shared that if oil runs to $65, which it did later in the week that oil stocks will have room to run. Occidental Petroleum (OXY) - Get Report was running as oil prices surged this past week.
5. Marathon Oil | Increased +16.94%
6. Lyft | Increased +15.12%
7. ViacomCBS | Increased +15.12%
ViacomCBS (VIAC) launched its new streaming app Paramount+ and also had the Harry and Meghan interview with Oprah that aired Sunday night.
8. Rocket Companies | Increased +14.87%
9. ConocoPhillips | Increased +12.17%
10. Exxon Mobil | Increased +12.07%
All stock prices are referenced and pulled from Yahoo Finance while rankings were pulled from Barchart.com.