On Friday and late Thursday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers and the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions Jim responded to:
- Thoughts on spending vs. saving: This was a question regarding Cliff Mason's article on TheStreet.com Thursday. Jim responded and it became the most popular question of the day, with over 20 responses.
- How do you handle hate mail? It totally knocked the wind out of me. Thanks.
- Nastech Pharmaceutical( NSTK) and NYSE Euronext (NYX) ? I have about the same value in both and am in the house of pain on both roughly about 15%. On today's show you were high on NSTK again and I know your position on NYX. Which one looks to have the brighter future?
- Last year you recommended buying ABB (ABB) - Get Report. At the time last year, your price target was $20. After reading a letter on "Mad Money" last week regarding the stock, you indicated that you were still bullish on the stock. So what's your new price target for ABB?
- Thank you for your show today. Father's Day never seems to take on the importance that Mother's Day does, so I'm glad that you gave Dads (including yourself) what is due to them. It was also nice to see Carl Icahn on the show, thanks for getting him on. Finally, you didn't answer the truly important question. Which tastes better,Coke (KO) - Get Report (Classic of course) or Pepsi (PEP) - Get Report?
- Another question about Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Report, but I believe this one is different from the others. You mentioned today that GS is selling at a multiple of about 10.5 and that its earnings shouldn't deviate much from quarter to quarter. What will make the stock go up if earnings aren't going to increase much? Are we hoping the multiple will go higher?
- Not only does "private equity" have to deal with rising interest rates, corporates gettingnear 7%, but now they have "tax legislation" issues. Any thoughts?
- I am considering starting a short position in Family Dollar (FDO) , in conjunction with a short position started this morning in Colgate-Palmolive (CL) - Get Report due to this whole recall thingtoday (short-term quick hits, not my long investments). The latest news said most of the recalled products are being found in less "elaborate" stores, so to speak. Am I reading too much into this, or reaching for a quick buck, by making the association?
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.