"We have many different criteria, [but these stocks] are the ones we think can work right here," Cramer said Wednesday in a conference call for members of TheStreet's Action Alerts PLUS investors club.
Cramer holds a call each month where AAP members can e-mail him questions directly, and he used part of the latest parley to discuss which stocks seem most likely to benefit from a firming U.S. economy.
Here are some names that he likes:
- Arconic.Alcoa (AA) - Get Alcoa Corp. Report recently spun this stock off, and Cramer said it's "the kind of company that can do much better in this environment." But he cautioned that concerns remain about the fact that Arconic is "uniquely levered" to both the aerospace and building industries, which face plenty of uncertainties.
- Adobe and Newell Brands (NWL) - Get Newell Brands Inc. (NWL) Report . Cramer said Adobe and Newell Brands can "do much better" in the current environment.
- Apache Corp. (APA) - Get Apache Corporation Report and Magellan Midstream Partners LP (MMP) - Get Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. Report . "If the economy is really better, then oil is not going to go back down to the low $40s a barrel," the stock-picker said. "And that means Apache or a Magellan Midstream -- where you get a terrific [4.5%] yield -- could really be in play."
- Citigroup (C) - Get Citigroup Inc. Report . "Citi is a terrific stock if the economy gets better," Cramer said.
Stocks to Watch
Cramer also views two stocks as "bullpen" names, companies that aren't quite appropriate to buy at current prices, but that could be soon worth purchasing:
- Dahaner Corp. (DHR) - Get Danaher Corporation Report and Flex Ltd. (FLEX) - Get Flex Ltd. Report . "These are stocks with not that much risk, but with terrific reward if the economy gets better," he said.
Click here to learn more about AAP club membership, which offers access to Cramer's future monthly conference calls, exclusive alerts every time he makes a trade and lots of other VIP material.
Action Alerts PLUS
, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long ADBE, APA, ARNC, C and NWL.