Global coronavirus infections crossed 15 million on Wednesday, according to Reuters, and the U.S. reported more than 1,000 deaths from Covid-19 on Tuesday, the first time since June 10 the country surpassed that mark.
Here are some of the big movers in the stock market Wednesday:
1. BioNTech | Percentage Increase Over 13%
BioNTech (BNTX) - Get Report shares were climbing Wednesday after the German biotech and Pfizer reached an agreement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense to receive $1.95 billion for 600 million doses of their developing coronavirus vaccine once it's approved by regulators.
2. VBI Vaccines | Percentage Increase Over 8%
The Street Quant Rating rates VBI Vaccines a Sell with a rating score of D.
3. Hecla Mining | Percentage Increase Over 7%
The Street Quant Rating rates Hecla Mining Company a Hold with a rating score of C-.
4. Equinox Gold | Percentage Increase Over 4%
5. Calix | Percentage Increase Over 16%
The Street Quant Rating rates Calix a Hold with a rating score of C.